Photo via: ikea.com
You may also be interested in 🙂
- For a long time now, white-painted woodwork has been de rigeur in the domestic interior, so much so that its almost a foregone conclusion. But this is slowly changing: weve seen black woodwork popping up lately, and now greys and bold hues are making their voices heard as well. If you fancy this change but arent sure what to go for, let this trim-spiration sourced from around the web be your guide.
- To make these gorgeous DIY Marble Mugs, all you need to do is pour nail polish into a container of warm water and dip your mug inside to create this cool design. It takes a little practice (and patience) to get the technique down but it’s well worth the effort.
- Rocks, seashells, driftwood: anything you find laying around that is natural and beautiful, you can bring it into your home as a sculptural object—how sophisticated!
- A new take on the Sunken Living Area. While open to the Kitchen area, the drop in elevation gives the room a separate feel while still being connected. This room is at the back of the home and opens out onto the deck.
- The humble cinder block is currently experiencing a renaissance- and why wouldn’t it? With its simple, industrial atheistic it lends itself to adding a modern touch to any space. Maihi’s got a simple to follow plan for turning some cinder blocks into a functional and stylish garden bar – instantly turning an empty back lawn …
- Sugar Waxing This tutorial actually works! Best advice Ive heard yet! Try it, you wont regret it!
- How to Make Your Home Look More Expensive on a Dime. It doesnt take a lot of money to bring some elegance to your home. See how creative you can be with these tips via www.artsandclassy.com
- Trees with twinkle lights really add to the cozy, festive atmosphere of a neighborhood, and now you can bring a bit of that magic indoors! Make your own lovely twinkling branches room divider with …
- Headboards The standard height of a headboard is 48 inches from the floor to its top, which leaves about 24 inches from the top of the mattress to the top of the headboard. Higher-end headboards tend to be 55 to 68 inches, which works much better for us as we are tall. You want it to be comfortable enough to lean back against and read this book. Be careful about hanging artwork above the headboard, as you want to ensure you won’t knock your head on it. Read more: http://www.oprah.com/home/The-
- A gallery wall to make a hunting man proud. New Apartment Checklist! | Moving out on your own and into your first apartment? Heres a checklist of the household necessities!
- Maximize wall space. You’ve cut down on the number of clothes you own, but you’re still left with quite the wardrobe. No problem — make it seem like you own less while maximizing wall space with this DIY IKEA Bracket Hack. Turn shelf brackets into innovative supports for your hangers and hooks. (via IKEA)
- You dont have to spend a fortune when furnishing your home. There are a lot of furniture pieces you can make yourself or by re-purposing used furniture. This will not only save you tons of money, but you also can customize you furniture as much as you like to have a stunning home as youve always imagined.