Photo via: sliptalk.com
You may also be interested in 🙂
- The humble cinder block is currently experiencing a renaissance- and why wouldn’t it? With its simple, industrial atheistic it lends itself to adding a modern touch to any space. Maihi’s got a simple to follow plan for turning some cinder blocks into a functional and stylish garden bar – instantly turning an empty back lawn …
- When you paint a room, put some extra paint in a peanut butter jar that has a PLASTIC lid or it will rust – that was a tip from my painter – its all stored in a cabinet in the house – just take it out and shake well and use a q-tip for quick touch ups. This has got to be one of the best things Ive ever pinned!!!!
- How to make an outdoor pool umbrella half barrel flower pot stand. Shade! 1) Real/resin half barrel (drill holes in the bottom for drainage) 2) QUIKRETE or a cement block that has a hole in the center for your post 3) Put in PVC pipe (spray paint to liking) 4)Use small stones or pebbles to … Read More →
- The last time I shared Henry’s tiny little room, it included Henry’s crib converted to a toddler bed. But crib took up way too much space and was cumbersome in such a tiny space. So, I got to thinking that a little platform bed would be just the ticket. It would be a lower profile …
- If you have a hose bib that has become hard to reach due to encroaching shrubs or other obstructions, heres a way to bring the water source out into the open. Run plastic pipe inside a PVC fence post and attach a hose bib and a nipple. Run a short piece of garden hose from the existing connection to the nipple, and the water supply will be right where you need it. To keep the post stable, run some threaded rod crosswise through the bottom of the post, dig a shallow hole and sink the post in …
- Small outdoor spaces suffer the same fate as indoor rooms— where to put all the clutter? Outdoor furniture cushions, lamps, and pillows all need a place to live when youre not using them. The answer is one the most important rules of small spaces: furniture that serves two purposes at once.
- For a long time now, white-painted woodwork has been de rigeur in the domestic interior, so much so that its almost a foregone conclusion. But this is slowly changing: weve seen black woodwork popping up lately, and now greys and bold hues are making their voices heard as well. If you fancy this change but arent sure what to go for, let this trim-spiration sourced from around the web be your guide.
- Decorating Lies HGTV Wants You To Believe. HGTV has this bad habit of making viewers think that decorating is super easy and can be super inexpensive. I mean sure if you want to end up with a hot mess of a room, but I’m here to unveil the decorating lies HGTV wants you to believe. Click through to read the interior design lies.
- First things first, i know that the first thing a designer should be focusing is the office. But somehow, our bedroom was the first thing that we got to wrap up around the house. And although the offi
- How Doing This One Thing Will Make You Love Your Room. Sometimes it’s easy to just start buying things off the internet to fill that void in your room. That way you’ll be fooled into thinking that if you just get this one last thing that it will magically make you love your room. Click through to see what matters most in home decor or interior design when it comes to decorating your room.
- after looking at the finished cement, i would definitely add some color/dye. in some cases it may look fine as grey, but not most it think. From Young House Love, a faux cement countertop treatment that can be applied right over your laminate. The tutorial gives you all the steps on how to use a product called Ardex with plenty of photos that show you the finished result. Ardex-10-Spreading-First-Layer-younghouselove
- When I was growing up, my aunt had a skirt around her pedestal sink, and she kept a little basket under it for towels and toiletries. It’s one of those things that always stuck with me because it was such an elegant storage solution, not to mention a fun way to add pattern and color to the bathroom. I thought it was time to revisit the project, but this time with a modern eye.