Photo via: smallbiztrends.stfi.re
You may also be interested in 🙂
- Our minds are programmed to respond to colour. According to studies, colour effects more than our mood – it has the ability to change our buying habits. Colour can invoke as much as an 80% change in motivation when it comes to online shopping, advertising and marketing campaigns. Perceptions of colour can be subjective, some colours have universal meaning. Here are some examples of how different colours are perceived and logos that were designed to aggressively or subtly reach their market.
- A new take on the Sunken Living Area. While open to the Kitchen area, the drop in elevation gives the room a separate feel while still being connected. This room is at the back of the home and opens out onto the deck.
- Pick the Right Color for Design or Decorating with This Color Psychology Chart (This works for me. I am using the colors that make me feel calm and peaceful:)
- after looking at the finished cement, i would definitely add some color/dye. in some cases it may look fine as grey, but not most it think. From Young House Love, a faux cement countertop treatment that can be applied right over your laminate. The tutorial gives you all the steps on how to use a product called Ardex with plenty of photos that show you the finished result. Ardex-10-Spreading-First-Layer-younghouselove
- There’s no such thing as a boring shade of gray. Check out this collection of gray interior paint colors from BEHR to see all the different shades that one color can offer. Yellow- and red-toned grays offer a warm greige hue that will make any room in your home feel cozy and inviting. Blue- and purple-toned grays, on the other hand, offer a more traditional look that pairs well with white accents.
- This May (2016) I’m excited to feature Guest Blogger Lucy Curtis, from The Colour Club. I recently connected with Lucy, as I was intrigued by her business, Interiors Colour Psychology! I have learnt how colour plays a huge part in our everyday lives. Surprisingly it’s something we can get wrong when it comes to decorating.
- How Doing This One Thing Will Make You Love Your Room. Sometimes it’s easy to just start buying things off the internet to fill that void in your room. That way you’ll be fooled into thinking that if you just get this one last thing that it will magically make you love your room. Click through to see what matters most in home decor or interior design when it comes to decorating your room.
- How to make a window shade in fifteen minutes. I dont care for the colors in this one–the photos make it look oh so 1980s–but the idea is good. This looks like it ought to roll up, but it just hangs straight.
- Kokedama Moss Ball – How to Start a Vertical Garden – Japanese moss balls, also called bonsai Kokedama, look great hanging in homes, on a lanai or porch or on trellises and arbors. Making a Kokedama moss ball can be a fun way of getting your hands dirty and it’s easier to make these hanging plants than one might imagine / Geoponics
- I think the most common question I am asked on the blog and social media is what paint color I used in any given space. Actually, it’s the most common question I am asked in person, too (regarding interior design, that is). Paint colors can be hard, and they obviously set the tone for the …
- This is the most beautiful and versatile gray paint color out there. I love it in any room of the house and you can pair it with any other color. Love my Revere Pewter! Find out some great coordination colors! | Details at
- Organize your small Bedroom |Tips to make the most of a small space | Organize your home | Clever tricks and easy DIY ideas for storage on a budget