Photo via: diynetwork.com
You may also be interested in 🙂
- Pros usually follow a certain order when painting a room. They paint the trim first, then the ceiling, then the walls. Thats because its easier (and faster) to the walls. And you certainly dont want to tape them both ofconcentrate on getting a smooth finish on the wood. Dont worry if the trim paint gets slopped onto the walls. Youll cover it later when painting the walls. Once the trim is completely painted and dry (at least 24 hours), tape it off (using
- The humble cinder block is currently experiencing a renaissance- and why wouldn’t it? With its simple, industrial atheistic it lends itself to adding a modern touch to any space. Maihi’s got a simple to follow plan for turning some cinder blocks into a functional and stylish garden bar – instantly turning an empty back lawn …
- Dont hunt through mountains of cardboard boxes. Instead, take a few minutes to transfer ingredients and snacks into clear canisters so you can skip reading labels – and inspire a uniform tidiness. Plus, youll keep mice away from your cookies and crackers. See more at Classy Clutter » – HouseBeautiful.com
- Instead of using painter’s tape to mask off above baseboards and other areas you don’t want painted when painting trim, use a so-called paint shield.
- Movie theater in the attic: If you dont want to take your kids to the theater, because of the cost who says you cant have fun at home doing the same thing. Popcorn, drinks and candy!
- Between last minute holiday shopping (check out our gift guide if you need inspo!) and all the parties, dont forget to take a few minutes for some self-care this weekend! truebotanicals
- grey painted interior doors- Ive been wanting to do this for some time, just not sure what color I want.
- Want to do this with an old dresser…take the flimsy back off and replace with stained 2x4s or 1x4s. Same look as this photo.
- If you have a hose bib that has become hard to reach due to encroaching shrubs or other obstructions, heres a way to bring the water source out into the open. Run plastic pipe inside a PVC fence post and attach a hose bib and a nipple. Run a short piece of garden hose from the existing connection to the nipple, and the water supply will be right where you need it. To keep the post stable, run some threaded rod crosswise through the bottom of the post, dig a shallow hole and sink the post in …
- You dont have to be stuck with countertops you dont like. There are so many DIY countertops out there that can be done on a teeny, tiny budget! So many DIY countertops to choose from. This round-up shares the best DIY countertops from around the web!
- If you want to give your garden a timeless look we gathered some inspirational photos of truly amazing rustic furniture, that will impress everyone.
- A list of some of the best home remodeling ideas if youre on a budget, and want easy and quick updates that really pay off. Lots of before and after photos to get you inspired!