Photo via: makezine.com
You may also be interested in 🙂
- Pros usually follow a certain order when painting a room. They paint the trim first, then the ceiling, then the walls. Thats because its easier (and faster) to the walls. And you certainly dont want to tape them both ofconcentrate on getting a smooth finish on the wood. Dont worry if the trim paint gets slopped onto the walls. Youll cover it later when painting the walls. Once the trim is completely painted and dry (at least 24 hours), tape it off (using
- Medium gray. I dont know why, but gray and yellow seem to be made for each other. Many people are hesitant to use yellow but when put with gray, it just works. You can create a cheery space by using a soft mid-tone gray with vivid yellow accents. Paint Pick: North Star 6246 by Sherwin-Williams
- Ooh friends, I am so, so excited to show you the before and after of our dining room makeover! As you can see from my dining room style post here I went with a Navy accent wall (Hale Navy HC-154) with white, gold, and textured accents. The other wall and the rest of the main living is painted with the lovely Classic Gray OC-23 and because we like a challenge we also are painting ALLL of the trim, doors, windows, and cabinets the perfect white, which is also Benjamin Moore – White Dove OC-17, …
- Use aluminum foil instead of painters tape over awkward fixtures…GENIUS.
- Create fun patterns with painters tape to make any room more dynamic. Be sure to wait for the paint to dry completely before carefully peeling off the tape. Then enjoy your beautiful new design!
- 5-Minutes to your Abs.. Ab muscles is just like another muscle in the body, dont do hundreds of crunches where you lose form and alignment. Instead 5-10 minutes to a good ab routine that caters all areas of abdomen on alternate days is quite good. Also work on the ab stabilizers to train surroundings and the core….Happy Abs Workout
- Removing drywall and putting in a handy storage shelf. Another good idea if space is sort of tight and you want to display things instead of using a curio cabinet. You could add a door/doors if you wanted the items protected.
- When you paint a room, put some extra paint in a peanut butter jar that has a PLASTIC lid or it will rust – that was a tip from my painter – its all stored in a cabinet in the house – just take it out and shake well and use a q-tip for quick touch ups. This has got to be one of the best things Ive ever pinned!!!!
- Salt is not only for culinary uses. There are myriads for uses for salt around the home and this use might surprise you! Along the culinary uses, salt has a multitude of other uses in the household. It can be used from seasoning the food to clearing the snow during winter. Also, when consumed it …
- Great tip! A really easy way to figure out tricky angles when youre installing moldings, trim, and baseboards.
- IDEA: use monogram mugs in a row as succulent planters – spell out other phrases too!
- THIS is the primer to use when spray painting furniture. No comparison to any other. Literally no sanding required, and no bumpy sand paper feel after the primer has dried.