Photo via: twitter.com
You may also be interested in 🙂
- The humble cinder block is currently experiencing a renaissance- and why wouldn’t it? With its simple, industrial atheistic it lends itself to adding a modern touch to any space. Maihi’s got a simple to follow plan for turning some cinder blocks into a functional and stylish garden bar – instantly turning an empty back lawn …
- Salt is not only for culinary uses. There are myriads for uses for salt around the home and this use might surprise you! Along the culinary uses, salt has a multitude of other uses in the household. It can be used from seasoning the food to clearing the snow during winter. Also, when consumed it …
- This organizer makes it easy to turn a chaotic closet into a clean, organized space. It’s made up of a couple of basic pieces: Two towers with adjustable shelves, and wide cubby. You can build it as shown here or, because it’s modular, arrange it in a different way to best suit your storage needs. Get the free DIY plans at buildsomething.com
- How To Choose The Right Chandelier. You go into a store or hop on a website and just buy a chandelier, any chandelier that catches your eye because at the end of the day, does it really matter if you know how to choose the right chandelier? Is it really that serious? Of course it does and of course it is! Click through to check out the home decor tips on how to choose the right chandelier so that you avoid an interior design disaster.
- When I was growing up, my aunt had a skirt around her pedestal sink, and she kept a little basket under it for towels and toiletries. It’s one of those things that always stuck with me because it was such an elegant storage solution, not to mention a fun way to add pattern and color to the bathroom. I thought it was time to revisit the project, but this time with a modern eye.
- Unless you are a neat freak who keeps everything clean all the time, you know that staying organized can be really tough. This is especially true when it comes to your bedroom, which typically holds all of your stuff and is almost always just a little too small. Keeping everything from clothes to accessories to books to school stuff to makeup in their respective places is way easier said than done.
- Attics: They’re not just for crazy uncles anymore. In fact, interior designer Veneta Nikolova and architect Dimitar Karanikolov have exploded the notion of what an attic apartment can be with this smartly sumptuous loft in Sofia, Bulgaria. The two-year Loft 9b project yielded amazingly clever results. For starters, there’s a large dark cube that conceals the bathroom that sits on top of the building’s elevator shaft. The cube’s walls are just 16mm thin, with custom made concrete panels on the inside.
- Refresh your bathroom with this bold cabana stripe shower curtain, in a classic, cool navy and white color combo. ONly $19.99 at bed bath and beyond, but probably should use gray and white bold stripes because it will be easier to change up the decor to match and its not as bold or as dark.
- Do you need help creating the perfect gallery wall, window treatment or vignette? Heres your answer to creating high style design on a DIY budget! Scaled line drawings are what professional designers use to create pleasing compositions because they reduce 90% of design mistakes. This flat fee design package is based on 5 hours of my time designing at my computer – which is the average amount of time it takes me to create a scaled, black and white line drawing called an elevation plan. A design
- 568931365400173158 Wrong color appliance? Hopelessly ugly but working fridge? Pretty it up with EZ Faux Decor: peel and stick faux stainless steel, chalkboard sheets and even granite counter paper and it looks like you really shelled out for upgraded appliances and high end countertops. This is not shelf paper, but it is temporary. Requires precision placement and a heat gun or hairdryer. A Godsend for renters! I can get rid of the 1950 formica for a fraction in my apartment.
- This May (2016) I’m excited to feature Guest Blogger Lucy Curtis, from The Colour Club. I recently connected with Lucy, as I was intrigued by her business, Interiors Colour Psychology! I have learnt how colour plays a huge part in our everyday lives. Surprisingly it’s something we can get wrong when it comes to decorating.
- You dont have to spend a fortune when furnishing your home. There are a lot of furniture pieces you can make yourself or by re-purposing used furniture. This will not only save you tons of money, but you also can customize you furniture as much as you like to have a stunning home as youve always imagined.