Photo via: decoholic.org
You may also be interested in 🙂
- Love the surprise of stencils on the inside drawers! Would be so cute with pink or blue for a babys room!
- This small oak dresser has been stained dark on the top and drawers, the case painted in a subtle sea-glass color and the coolest pulls EVER in aged Nickel. Mirror is separate and kinda big for this piece but I think it works! Oak side chair also in Sea-glass, all pieces distressed and glazed in Java. Modern Vintage
- Its much easier to spend a lot of time in your kitchen when you actually like it. If you are sick of staring at your old, outdated cupboards, but dont have a lot of cash on hand for a complete overhaul, work with what you have! Here is a great tutorial on how to stain, and like, your old old cabinetry!
- The maruaders map closet is very cool and I would love to have my very own but I dont think it would match my room. I do think the person that painted this on their closet doors are very talented.
- A new take on the Sunken Living Area. While open to the Kitchen area, the drop in elevation gives the room a separate feel while still being connected. This room is at the back of the home and opens out onto the deck.
- This would be adorable for the kitchen light right above the island!! It would go great with that antique light I bought the other day!
- after looking at the finished cement, i would definitely add some color/dye. in some cases it may look fine as grey, but not most it think. From Young House Love, a faux cement countertop treatment that can be applied right over your laminate. The tutorial gives you all the steps on how to use a product called Ardex with plenty of photos that show you the finished result. Ardex-10-Spreading-First-Layer-younghouselove
- I seem to be on a table kick as exemplified by the fact I just posted a one step DIY marble side table video, and now Im posting another DIY table. Oh well! Hopefully you dont mind. This IKEA hack nightstand is a super easy project. All it takes is a lil spray paint and some contact paper, and you will have it done in no time. I did this side table four different ways, so you can take your pick. And the entire project will only set you back about $40. Thats a pretty good price for …
- A new look for an old dresser. What an amazing look!!! I think that I would change the knobs to chunky clear glass ones….or green glass. This is fusible web directly fuse the fabric onto the front of the dresser drawers.
- Headboards The standard height of a headboard is 48 inches from the floor to its top, which leaves about 24 inches from the top of the mattress to the top of the headboard. Higher-end headboards tend to be 55 to 68 inches, which works much better for us as we are tall. You want it to be comfortable enough to lean back against and read this book. Be careful about hanging artwork above the headboard, as you want to ensure you won’t knock your head on it. Read more: http://www.oprah.com/home/The-
- This next curtain tip is seriously on the genius side! Double curtain rods are crazy expensive. Its a great look to have sheers behind your curtains but for those long windows, your window treatment can quickly turn into a payment plan. For that double curtain look, just add a BUNGEE cord to the sides of your rod! Whos ever going to know thats a bungee cord?
- Flooring is one of the things that has the biggest impact on the look of a room — but beautiful floors can also be really expensive. But the good news is that, if you dont mind putting in the extra elbow grease, there are plenty of ways you can make your own.