Photo via: thriftyandchic.com
You may also be interested in 🙂
- Its much easier to spend a lot of time in your kitchen when you actually like it. If you are sick of staring at your old, outdated cupboards, but dont have a lot of cash on hand for a complete overhaul, work with what you have! Here is a great tutorial on how to stain, and like, your old old cabinetry!
- Ill admit Im not the best DIYer. My attempts to decorate often end up looking more like the aftermath of a toddlers birthday party. But I think even I could manage these 34 DIY Wall Art ideas….
- How incredible is this painted chest?!! Im in love with everything about this entryway! It just exudes happiness. Upon checking out Zoe Murphy, the source where the painted chest is from. Zoe Murphy is a young British designer whos work promotes; loving what belongs to you, by re-using furniture and textiles in an ethical and beat-up fashion. Check out her pillows below made of 100% silk
- If you are looking for an option of a granite stone that looks like a white marble, then you have quite a lot of options to choose from in the market. Bianco Romano granite is one of the best substitutes for the Carrara white marble, as it gives you the best shade of white with elegance. According to the marble slab suppliers, most of the people opt for the granite option as it offers more durability and strength, while offering the best of looks.
- This small oak dresser has been stained dark on the top and drawers, the case painted in a subtle sea-glass color and the coolest pulls EVER in aged Nickel. Mirror is separate and kinda big for this piece but I think it works! Oak side chair also in Sea-glass, all pieces distressed and glazed in Java. Modern Vintage
- 568931365400173158 Wrong color appliance? Hopelessly ugly but working fridge? Pretty it up with EZ Faux Decor: peel and stick faux stainless steel, chalkboard sheets and even granite counter paper and it looks like you really shelled out for upgraded appliances and high end countertops. This is not shelf paper, but it is temporary. Requires precision placement and a heat gun or hairdryer. A Godsend for renters! I can get rid of the 1950 formica for a fraction in my apartment.
- A built-in bench by the window is a cozy perch for Tyler. The herringbone flooring looks like wood but is actually man-made.
- Build this Reclaimed Barn Wood Herringbone Wall Treatment with the easy-to-follow video tutorial from www.shanty-2-chic.com ! This barn wood is from Reclaimed DesignWorks. It has been cleaned and milled, bug and mold-free, tested for lead-based paint, packaged in bundles and ready to use in your home! Its the perfect barn wood for wall treatments and furniture building!
- How to make a window shade in fifteen minutes. I dont care for the colors in this one–the photos make it look oh so 1980s–but the idea is good. This looks like it ought to roll up, but it just hangs straight.
- This post is sponsored by Persil®. All ideas and opinions are our own, always! I am so excited to finally reveal my laundry room makeover. I have had it semi-done for months but I finally put the finishing touches on. Let’s journey back to where we began… This makeover was relatively easy for the result! Like a little effort went a really long way! First, I painted the walls… right over the wallpaper! We plan to shiplap this room soon so I didn’t want to go through the trouble of removing th…
- Upholstering Instructions at Better Homes and Gardens. In a nutshell: Strip the chair of its original fabric and use the pieces as pattern. Then pin the pieces wrong sides out onto the chair. Remove pinned cover and sew it together, with welting reinforcing the seams. Put sewn cover back on the chair. It should fit like a glove!
- If you’ve suddenly decided your home (or garden) is in need of a bench, why not try making one yourself! In this tutorial, I’ll show you how to build a bench – THE EASY WAY! – See more at: http://grillo-designs.com/build-a-bench-the-easy-way/sthash.AgJ11atM.dpuf