Photo via: karensavagedesign.com
You may also be interested in 🙂
- Do you need help arranging your furniture, using your space efficiently, creating a new space or purchasing the right size and amount of furniture? Then this is for you! This flat fee design package is based on 5 hours of my time designing at my computer – which is the average amount of time it takes me to create a scaled space plan or layout for a single room. Space planning is one of my specialties and when done before purchasing or hiring a contractor, will save you a lot of money and many sl
- Ooh friends, I am so, so excited to show you the before and after of our dining room makeover! As you can see from my dining room style post here I went with a Navy accent wall (Hale Navy HC-154) with white, gold, and textured accents. The other wall and the rest of the main living is painted with the lovely Classic Gray OC-23 and because we like a challenge we also are painting ALLL of the trim, doors, windows, and cabinets the perfect white, which is also Benjamin Moore – White Dove OC-17, …
- Direct your eyes to my window treatments on my sliding doors. They might be my favorite curtains to date. If you didn’t know any better you would think they are linen drapes and those usually cost a pretty penny. My drapes however cost me about $10 and are normally found in the paint section at any hardware store. Let me introduce you to this wonderful product called drop cloths. The amazing thing about drop cloths is that all four sides are already sewn so this is a NO SEW option…
- A new take on the Sunken Living Area. While open to the Kitchen area, the drop in elevation gives the room a separate feel while still being connected. This room is at the back of the home and opens out onto the deck.
- There’s something about looking at string lights that is very soothing and relaxing. Maybe it’s because of the low, twinkly light, maybe it’s because they give off an aura of coziness, or maybe it’s because they are often accompanied by lots of blankets and cute pillows and other aesthetically pleasing decorations – but whatever it is, string lights have a magical vibe to them that makes them the perfect piece of room decor.
- To make these gorgeous DIY Marble Mugs, all you need to do is pour nail polish into a container of warm water and dip your mug inside to create this cool design. It takes a little practice (and patience) to get the technique down but it’s well worth the effort.
- This simple DIY project is the answer to shoe storage in small spaces at the back door. It is also the answer for larger spaces where there is no closet to hide shoes or for people who simply like order in their lives. This DIY shoe rack is made from a stained board and coat hooks. Mount the board into wall studs and hang your shoes. You can do 2 or 3 racks like this.
- The humble cinder block is currently experiencing a renaissance- and why wouldn’t it? With its simple, industrial atheistic it lends itself to adding a modern touch to any space. Maihi’s got a simple to follow plan for turning some cinder blocks into a functional and stylish garden bar – instantly turning an empty back lawn …
- How To Choose The Right Chandelier. You go into a store or hop on a website and just buy a chandelier, any chandelier that catches your eye because at the end of the day, does it really matter if you know how to choose the right chandelier? Is it really that serious? Of course it does and of course it is! Click through to check out the home decor tips on how to choose the right chandelier so that you avoid an interior design disaster.
- 101 Useful DIY Project For Your Home – DIY Stone Wall Hooks I so can do this with my rock collection
- Use Michaels $5 12×12 frames (called “record album frames”). Insert black and white photos. You could even cut 12×12 scrapbook paper for an extra punch around the mat! So smart! @ DIY Home Design
- This next curtain tip is seriously on the genius side! Double curtain rods are crazy expensive. Its a great look to have sheers behind your curtains but for those long windows, your window treatment can quickly turn into a payment plan. For that double curtain look, just add a BUNGEE cord to the sides of your rod! Whos ever going to know thats a bungee cord?