Photo via: popularmechanics.com
You may also be interested in 🙂
- The humble cinder block is currently experiencing a renaissance- and why wouldn’t it? With its simple, industrial atheistic it lends itself to adding a modern touch to any space. Maihi’s got a simple to follow plan for turning some cinder blocks into a functional and stylish garden bar – instantly turning an empty back lawn …
- If you have a hose bib that has become hard to reach due to encroaching shrubs or other obstructions, heres a way to bring the water source out into the open. Run plastic pipe inside a PVC fence post and attach a hose bib and a nipple. Run a short piece of garden hose from the existing connection to the nipple, and the water supply will be right where you need it. To keep the post stable, run some threaded rod crosswise through the bottom of the post, dig a shallow hole and sink the post in …
- DIY No Sew Bench Cushion — Heres one option using plywood, which requires a staple gun…. still a good tutorial
- Use this simple workbench plan to build a sturdy, tough workbench thatll last for decades. It has drawers and shelves for tool storage. Its inexpensive. And even a novice can build it in one day. Get your simple workbench plans at http://www.familyhandyman.com/DIY-Projects/Woodworking/Workbenches/simple-workbench-plans
- Home maintenance isn’t usually at the top of my to-do list, but I recognize how important it is. Skipping or forgetting to take care of your home can result in even bigger costs later. Here are 5 home maintenance jobs you can’t afford to skip! 1 – Cleaning Out Your Gutters You’ll want to clean …
- In some homes, any DIY decor piece will fit because even though the house is styled beautifully, there isnt necessarily a solid aesthetic. Other people, h
- 568931365400173158 Wrong color appliance? Hopelessly ugly but working fridge? Pretty it up with EZ Faux Decor: peel and stick faux stainless steel, chalkboard sheets and even granite counter paper and it looks like you really shelled out for upgraded appliances and high end countertops. This is not shelf paper, but it is temporary. Requires precision placement and a heat gun or hairdryer. A Godsend for renters! I can get rid of the 1950 formica for a fraction in my apartment.
- No-sew faux roman shade. This is a simple and clever method. Perfect for our rental because it requires no drilling or making holes on the wall.
- DIY BARN WOOD :: She stained a piece of scrap board with Minwax white tint base wood stain in Slate and realized it was a bit too dark for her liking so she mixed the stain 50/50 with water which made a big difference. She let it dry over night and the next day used some ASCP in Pure White to white wash over the wood (mixing 1-2 Tbsp. with 1 cup water). She brushed it on then wiped it off with a paper towel. :: CLICK or heres another link: www.hawthorneandmain.com/2014/09/diy-barn-wood.html
- Headboards The standard height of a headboard is 48 inches from the floor to its top, which leaves about 24 inches from the top of the mattress to the top of the headboard. Higher-end headboards tend to be 55 to 68 inches, which works much better for us as we are tall. You want it to be comfortable enough to lean back against and read this book. Be careful about hanging artwork above the headboard, as you want to ensure you won’t knock your head on it. Read more: http://www.oprah.com/home/The-
- Hmmm…I think I could make this work behind my toilet. It sits in a corner. I can even make some recessed corner shelves.
- Last fall while moving into a new house, I dropped my kitchen table off the back of my pickup truck. The solid oak top suffered a serious crack near one corner. I figured some glue and a clamp would take care of it, but the crack was narrow and the glue didn’t want to flow into it. Some quick thinking provided the perfect solution: I …