Photo via: emma-courtney.com
You may also be interested in 🙂
- A new take on the Sunken Living Area. While open to the Kitchen area, the drop in elevation gives the room a separate feel while still being connected. This room is at the back of the home and opens out onto the deck.
- This simple DIY project is the answer to shoe storage in small spaces at the back door. It is also the answer for larger spaces where there is no closet to hide shoes or for people who simply like order in their lives. This DIY shoe rack is made from a stained board and coat hooks. Mount the board into wall studs and hang your shoes. You can do 2 or 3 racks like this.
- Another DIY wine cork project (link doesnt show you how to do it, but you cut your corks in half, hot glue them together in a honeycomb shape, then hot glue a strip of fabric or burlap around the shape to secure)
- Pros usually follow a certain order when painting a room. They paint the trim first, then the ceiling, then the walls. Thats because its easier (and faster) to the walls. And you certainly dont want to tape them both ofconcentrate on getting a smooth finish on the wood. Dont worry if the trim paint gets slopped onto the walls. Youll cover it later when painting the walls. Once the trim is completely painted and dry (at least 24 hours), tape it off (using
- DIY Rustic Rug Of Jute Or Sisal Rope. Hot glue the coils. Sew in key spots for durability. Make the smaller pieces first and then attach them together to get a larger rug.
- If you are looking for a fun project to do while sitting on the sofa, this is it. Make easy DIY wall art out of any word using cardboard and yarn!
- I seem to be on a table kick as exemplified by the fact I just posted a one step DIY marble side table video, and now Im posting another DIY table. Oh well! Hopefully you dont mind. This IKEA hack nightstand is a super easy project. All it takes is a lil spray paint and some contact paper, and you will have it done in no time. I did this side table four different ways, so you can take your pick. And the entire project will only set you back about $40. Thats a pretty good price for …
- Make a personalized map. Take pictures in each state, then cut to match the state & attach to the map. Love this idea. A great way to remember trips without digging through a scrapbook.
- 5 Easy steps to painting wood cabinets perfectly! Get it done right the first time… DIY painting tips for a ultra smooth, factory finish in your bathroom and kitchen.
- I have no self control when it comes to buying tools that I can use in my Photography editing. I know, I know. As long as my husband doesnt find out then its cool. Want to know which photography editing purchases were the best? Check out my list! Who knows? You might see something you like!
- DIY BARN WOOD :: She stained a piece of scrap board with Minwax white tint base wood stain in Slate and realized it was a bit too dark for her liking so she mixed the stain 50/50 with water which made a big difference. She let it dry over night and the next day used some ASCP in Pure White to white wash over the wood (mixing 1-2 Tbsp. with 1 cup water). She brushed it on then wiped it off with a paper towel. :: CLICK or heres another link: www.hawthorneandmain.com/2014/09/diy-barn-wood.html
- My husband and I have painted a wall or two in our history. The first house we rented was pee yellow (the entire thing!) when we moved in. We asked the landlord if we could paint it, hoping to make it more livable. Over the years, we painted a few …